Thompson Falls


April 29, 2013

The creek beds along the David Thompson Corridor were bone dry, which is why I never fully attempted this waterfall.  The sign of no water near the road, meant to me that the trip wasn't worth the short effort.  As a result I photographed the surroundings in hops to return to this location on a better, brighter, summer day.

The hike towards this waterfall is a mere 1 Kilometer, and is adjacent to the Thompson Creek Provincial Recreation Area.  The walk will follow the creek North towards the end where the waterfall is located.

By my estimation the creek, and the water in the region, will return in flow by June.  Over the course of May you may luck in to capture the first signs of the creek, however if this area is your goal, then I'd set your sights for June to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment